The purpose of the Parkinson Association of Central Florida as defined by our four base operating committees is to deliver helpful resources to Parkinson’s disease patients and their families and caregivers.
Our stakeholders are people with Parkinson’s (PWP), caregivers, families, donors, healthcare providers and philanthropists.
The Parkinson Association of Central Florida will focus on the geographical territory of a four-county area bringing information and resources to those who need help dealing with Parkinson’s disease. Those Florida counties include Orange, Seminole, Osceola, and, Lake.
The information and resources we seek to deliver supported by donor contributions may include but are not limited to the following Parkinson related items:
- General Parkinson-related news and updates
- Medication and drug information, news, and updates
- Educational materials, books, brochures, flyers, speakers, and events
- Local support group access and expansion (based on location and need)
- Caregiver help and resources
- Parkinson-related living and lifestyle assistance and helpful daily living tips
- Topic-specific expert speakers
- Parkinson awareness and communication networking
- Fundraising efforts, opportunities, and events
- Parkinson-related doctors, neurologists, movement disorder specialists, and professionals
- Research efforts (potentially indirectly)
- Supportive services, dietary updates, exercise recommendations, and classes