The Parkinson Association of Central Florida serves as a focal point to raise funds for support programs and services to enhance the quality of life for all those affected by Parkinson’s disease in the Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola Counties and to support the research of new treatments for the symptoms and hopefully someday, find a cure.
Our work will include:
- Ensuring that every patient receives the best care possible;
- Advancing our knowledge of Parkinson’s disease;
- Searching for ways to improve treatments that change the course of the disease.
Contributions from supporters will help the PACF discover and fund people, places, and programs that may well affect change in our understanding of Parkinson’s disease and our hope for its future. The PACF holds the fervent belief that a comprehensive approach is the most effective methodology for treatment and advancement. In this regard, we plan to consider all aspects of Parkinson’s care:
- Medical and surgical care from doctors and nurses, to ensure that people with Parkinson’s disease get optimal medical management and understand their options for surgical and alternative therapies;
- Physical therapy to help people with the motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease;
- Occupational therapy to help people maintain independence;
- Speech therapy to aid with communication;
- Counseling and therapy for the depressed or anxious;
- Art (dance, music, theatre) therapy, exercise, and nutrition programs;
- Respite care for caregivers, and more.
With this broad vision, we hope to gain expanded insight into how the brain works, how Parkinson’s disease affects it, and an optimal comprehensive treatment plan.
Our cause is urgent–this year, more than 60,000 patients will be diagnosed in the United States, joining the one million people living with the disease in the U.S. and four to six million worldwide. Parkinson Association of Central Florida’s research, educational, and fundraising efforts are focused and results-oriented. We seek the highest impact for patients living with the disease today.
PACF is a non-profit (501(c)3 organization complied with the registration requirements of Chapter 496 Florida Statues, the Solicitation of Contributions Act. Registration #CH42470. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free 800-435-7352 within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the State.